Whether your company is new to environmentally sustainable building, or deeply involved in shaping the future of sustainable design, USGBC can connect you to more than 11,000 organizations from every sector of the building industry and a network of more than 75 chapters in every region of the country.
USGBC Membership (for businesses)
USGBC national membership is for companies and other organizations. Employees of national member organizations enjoy valuable discounts on USGBC and LEED® programs and publications:
- Save at least $200 per Greenbuild International Conference and Expo registration
- Save up to $120 per company attendee at LEED Workshops
- Save $50 on each purchase of LEED Reference Guides
- Save $100 on every LEED AP Exam
- Save up to $150 on LEED Project Registration
- Save up to $5,000 on LEED Certification Fees
South Carolina Chapter Membership (for individuals):
Any individual is encouraged to join the South Carolina Chapter – regardless of whether your company is a member of USGBC nationally. Your membership in the Chapter provides an unparalleled opportunity to influence change and help shape the future of green building in South Carolina, as well as access to the following benefits:
- Discounts on monthly branch programs
- Networking opportunities and access to tools, resources, and education programs
- Recognition as a leader in supporting a better built environment
- Chapter newsletter & communications
- Opportunity to shape the local agenda through Chapter and committee leadership
- Continuing Education Credits from a number of professional associations
Each month there are four programs held within the State of South Carolina. Here, members receive education regarding the latest sustainable products and services offered for the design and construction industries. Attendees get first-hand information about upcoming programs and services, as well as new initiatives and events. They also have the opportunity to connect with peers and share professional experiences and develop relationships.
“The green building movement is exploding. This is a very young movement and the LEED standard has been a major force, setting benchmarks and targets to urge people on. The energy and enthusiasm of the green building movement provides a useful example of what can be done.”
- Regular Member ($70 per year): Individuals who do not work for a USGBC Member company or organization.
- National Member ($50 per year): Individuals who work for a USGBC Member organization. If your employer is not a National Member, please encourage them to join. Some USGBC national memberships are only $300.
- Emerging Professional Member ($35 per year): Individuals under the age of 30, who are starting their career in the Sustainability field.
- Student Member (Free): Students at any age and level are encouraged to join the SC Chapter as Students. Students please send an email to the SC Chapter Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.